This is us! I’m Tina, and that is my husband, Bill.
This was our first date on 12.28.12. Yes, I made him take a picture!
This is our first baby. She was born 2/10/15!
We also have a zoo of animals…
This is Diesel, our Chocolate Lab.
This is Tremor. He was also part of a major abuse case. There were 200 dogs who didn’t make it, and 45 who (barely) survived. Tremor came to us to “foster” because we already had Buddy (who passed in 2015), and the rescue knew and trusted us. Within 10 seconds of meeting him, Tremor became part of the pack PERMANENTLY!
(Mossy) Oak is our Black Lab. He’s a little dumb but VERY loving. His best friend is Baker.
Baker is our mutt. He was named Baker by my former roommate because….well, when we got him, I owned a bakery.
The bakery also had a beer…well, sort of. We worked with the awesome people at Holy City Brewing in Charleston, SC to bring you Pie Face Beer. Here, Bill and I are taste testing!
Here is one last random picture of us kissing the Stanley Cup in 2014. Quite an honor (even if his Blackhawks beat my Bruins to win it!)
She here’s the not-so-pretty stuff:
- Bill was active duty in the USMC for eight years before being told he had too many injuries to re-enlist.
- He left the USMC after we had only been dating about 8 months.
- Bill’s biggest injury is his PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), followed by TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
- Since his separation from the USMC, it’s been a wild and sometimes painful ride dealing with his injuries, both physical and mental. I also have depression, which sometimes makes things harder.
- The PTSD is by far the worst of the issues. Sometimes it takes forever to get an appointment with the VA.
- Therapy is a long and painful process
Originally, I started this blog to be about our crazy life, but I had to sit back and change a few things. Now the focus of the blog is to help other military spouses deal with the issues related to combat-PTSD and our own well being.